Your privacy is a top priority for Sally King Casting. We are dedicated to looking after your Personal Information in a way you feel is 100% safe and secure, handling it in a responsible manner and complying with data protection laws. When it comes to your privacy, we follow 3 main principles:
Transparent. We want to be transparent about the personal information we collect, why we collect it and how we process it.
Control. We give you control over the Personal Information you provide to us. We let you choose how and when it is used, shared, kept or deleted.
Our full Privacy Statement is below and we suggest you take the time to read and understand it. This policy includes:
- About Us
Sally King Casting is owned and operated by Sally King Casting ltd a company registered in England and Wales no. 08060801, having its registered offices at 12 Abbotsmede Close Strawberry Hill Twickenham TW1 4RL
Sally King Casting is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK . Our Data Protection Officer will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. They can be contacted at George@sallykingcasting.com
- Information we collect
Information we collect about you
When you register on with our company, we collect your name and email address. This allows us to process your registration and send you important service messages.
Sometimes, we may ask you to provide other contact details, such as phone number or address.
Information you provide to us
You should ensure if you provide personal information about people in your family who are living and not deceased, that you have the consent from the relevant individual to include that personal information on the website.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it and have consented to this.
- How we use the information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including
- To manage the website (including your account);
- To process orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries.
- For administration purposes. This means we may contact you regarding goods or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance, if your subscription is about to expire to ask if you wish to renew it, or if an online account has become dormant to ask if you wish to retain the account before we close it.
- To provide advanced website features to you and others.
- We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, and to personalise content and emails.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
- To improve your search results.
- We may show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, and Twitter). Some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers.
- To provide personalised communications (more details below).
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service.
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We Got POP Ltd is a casting service provider supplying our agency with:
1. a licence to use the POP Self Service System (“the POP platform”, “the platform”) – an online platform to search, book, co-ordinate and pay supporting artists primarily for film, TV and advertising projects;
2. A back office and payroll service to process payments from hirers to artists and agencies in an efficient and transparent way (“Back Office Service”).
3. An additional service to the Agency which is to allow access to a pool of supporting artists verified and available to work in the film, TV and advertising industries (“artists”).
POP is not operating as an employment agency or an employment business introducing artists to opportunities to work with our Agency. It instead operates primarily as a passive medium via which our Agency can find artists to fill roles and via which artists can find roles for themselves with us.
For the avoidance of any doubt, we the Agency are a Data Controller and POP are a Data Processor of your information.
- What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold, but the main impacts may be:
- We will not be able to process or fully process your order.
- We will not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your order or the goods/services provided.
- We will not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
- We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
- We won’t be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that are not related to your interests.
- What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are:
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery etc.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a purchase or service.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Sally King Casting Ltd’s interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals.
- Consent – where you have given us consent to market to you.
- Appropriate certification schemes
We will disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes disclosing information to organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or the order of a court or regulator.
- Sale of the Business
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
- How we protect your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls and virus-checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping secret any confidential passwords or other login or access details that you select or which we allocate to you. While we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished your session.
- Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information, which are:
- Correcting your Information
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up to date and accurate. In order to maintain the accuracy of the information we hold, you can update your personal details by sending us an email to email@example.com
- Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent, such as marketing. Consent can be withdrawn by updating your preferences in the email preference centre by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by sending us an email to email@example.com
Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case. You can do this by contacting sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Portability
You have the right to ask us to transfer the personal information that you have given us to another controller.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer need to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter. You can do this by sending us an email to email@example.com Right to object to Processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting our Customer Support Team or by contacting us by email at George@Sallykingcasting.com
- Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via the ICO’s website, follow the links or have an online Live Chat.
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office
- How long we hold your data for
Some of the information you provide to us will be necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity or payment details when signing in to use an account, providing our services to you or when you are using an online checkout. We will keep this information for as long as you remain a registered user of any of our sites and for so long as reasonably necessary. After this time, we may need to hold your personal data in order to meet our financial obligations or identify or resolve issues or causes of action. If your account is inactive for more than five years and you are no longer paying for a service, we reserve the right to delete any information you have provided to us, including all information in your family tree.
- Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the website. By continuing to use the website after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
Privacy statement last updated 24 May 2018.
- Contacting us
If you have any questions about privacy or wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us at:
Phone: +44 7758126339
Post: Data Protection Officer
Sally King Casting
7 Badger Drive